RE/MAX Olson & Associates, Inc. was founded in 1987 as Todd C. Olson Estate Brokerage, Inc., although its foundation began in the 1950’s. Todd’s father Carl helped build the Forest E. Olson Co. into the largest real estate company in the west, with 50 offices and over 3000 agents before being sold to Coldwell Banker in the 1970s. Todd began his management career with Coldwell Banker in 1980.
Todd C. Olson Estate Brokerage enjoyed steady growth under Todd’s leadership, growing to 75 agents by 1996. Todd then brought in a partner, Keith Myers, to assist in growth and add a different dimension. They continued to expand, adding top associates and achieving #1 market share in the area. With over 100 agents, Olson & Myers added a second office in 1999, positioning the company to dominate the North San Fernando Valley. Still they searched for something better.
In May of 2000, after careful analysis, Todd C. Olson Estate Brokerage joined the RE/MAX Network of Independent Companies. It offered access to technology, the world’s largest referral network and brand name awareness that would help the company grow into new markets. In 2001, the Westlake Village office opened. In December of 2006, RE/MAX Olson bought offices from RE/MAX Gold Coast. For synergy and impact, these offices were combined with our existing offices. In 2011, a Woodland Hills location was added increasing our presence and market share in the San Fernando Valley.
RE/MAX Olson & Associates is now 5 offices strong with over 200 of the region’s finest real estate agents. This gives the company a significant market share in 3 valleys - Simi, Conejo, and San Fernando. Top affiliated services provide the one stop shop that consumers want and the founders are fulfilling their core goal – to be the best for the best.